This tutorial video shows how to create First Article Inspection Report by capturing text from a sample PDF drawing on QA-CAD.
• extract data from PDF drawing or AutoCAD drawing
• export captured data to a inspection report form
(In this video, a built-in AS9102 Rev.B Form 3 EXCEL template file is used as example).
Please follow these steps. If necessary, you can go back to check the video clip.
1) Open your PDF drawing file on QA-CAD
2) Select QA > QA settings > Definition Table > Define QA Attribute Table
3) Click ... button next to Field Name, 'Dimension'.
4) Select Dimension as type and tick Capture Prefix + dimension. Press OK button
5) Select 'AS9102B' in Definition table and select 'AS9102B' as an Excel Template. Press OK
6) Select QA > Add QA symbol. Press OK
7) Move your mouse pointer to where you want to draw a balloon and left click once.
8) Then you draw a balloon, then move your mouse pointer on top of your capture target (dimension, GD&T symbols or text) and double left-click your mouse.
Then the target value is captured and displayed in Requirement field on Add/Edit QA Symbol Attribute window.
9) Press OK button (complete one balloon and its attributes setting)
10) Repeat from 7 to 9.
11)Once you finish placing all balloons, select QA > Export Attributes. Choose EXCEL and Template 'AS9102B' and Press OK button
12) Press Save button and then press Yes button.
13) EXCEL file with your captured attributes will be open on your EXCEL or spreadsheet software.
14) Select File > Save Markup Edits to save the work ballooned drawing (This operation generates a CVM file which stores all overlaid balloons and markup information.
The original drawing is untouched).
15) Select File > Publish to PDF to save the delivery ballooned drawing.
To give you the best viewing experience possible on your computer, please adjust the quality of your video stream to high definition (1080p).